(images from the original post have been changed or updated)
Today the complex is used as art and cultural center that exhibit art of many styles. There is also an exhibit of archaeological finds of an 8200 year old settlement from the area. The landscape around the vicarage is filled with old burrialremains from the migrational periode.
The vicarage is located right at the shoreline of Jæren, unprotected from the North Sea. A few houndres meter south of the vicarage you’ll also find Obrestad Fyr (Obrestad lighthouse) and Obrestad marina.
Obrestad Fyr (Obrestad Lighthouse) was built in 1873. In the start it was operated with a oil burner lantern, but this was changed in 1902 when the lighthouse was upgraded with a petroleum incandescent burner that provided a much stronger beam of light. The lighthouse was again upgraded in 1916, with a electrical lantern, and a fog horn.
The lighthouse was originally erected in granite bur from around the turn of the century and up the end of the 1960’s the lighthouse-complex was updated with differnt buildings.
During the war (1940-1945) the lighthouse was a part of the german coastal defences. There were added a watchtower and several bombshelters.
In 1991, the lighthouse was automated and depopulated, and in 1998 it was protected under the law for cultural heritage.
For more information check the homepage for Hå Gamle Prestegård